Episode 1 of The Glue Factory drops Wednesday 02 March 3pm PST and while it has been months in the making it is really just the beginning of the journey.
The Glue Factory is on a mission to create a new mode of content creation by creating an animated series with their NFT community. While their vision is big, so is the field of talent they’ve brought along for the ride. The first glimpse of their collaboration comes to life with the premiere of Episode 1 of their animated series on Wednesday, March 02 3PM PST in Decentraland.
The Glue Factory Show worked with a collaborative spirit by including GFS NFT holders in the creation of the series, inviting them into the writer’s room. Unlike a traditional writer’s room, this one exists on Discord, where seasoned comedy writers provide prompts for the community to engage with.
Through this innovative approach, The Glue Factory Show is disrupting the entertainment business with a collaborative and community-oriented model for show development. The Glue Factory Show engages NFT holders and gives them a literal buy-in to the project. The holders serve as a proof of concept of the IP’s built-in community, giving unique incentive for platforms to pick up the show. They are paving a way for businesses to engage in Web3 and NFTs in a community-oriented and collaborative way, implementing the future of technology.
Attached is a link to the trailer for the show with an impressive cast including Jon Barinholtz, Rob Belushi, Bobby Lee, Jim Wise, and more. You can find the full cast list here:
- Jon Barinholtz
- Rob Belushi
- Katie Rich
- Colton Dun
- Jim Wise
Plus cast in order of appearance:
- Tara Strong
- Bobby Lee
- Rebecca Rufer
- Bobby Moynihan
- Baron Vaughn
- Naomi Ekperigin
- James Adomian
- Carlos Alazraqui
- Patton Oswalt
- Nicole Sullivan
- Eric Ledgin
- Jami Belushi
- Ted Danson
GLUE 1.2 UTILITY
Sale of the series will see the following initiatives come to life:
- Glue Gang in the Credits — Naturally, this was always going to happen but we just wanted to share that officially.
- There will be opportunities for our holders to voice some characters in the full series.
- A new and improved Community Writers’ Room will be back with a vengeance with new opportunities for involvement now that the world has come to life.
Plus, regardless of whether we sell the show by the end of Episode 6 or not, we will be doing a very special BONUS EPISODE…
This is gonna be fun!
- We will launch a very special round of the Community Writers’ Room based on what we learn in Episode 6 of The Glue Factory.
- Not only will a handful of the submissions be adopted and used in this bonus episode, but the community writer(s) will have the opportunity to voice the character.
- PLUS the winners will have a 1 on 1 workshop session with one of our writers to help bring their segment to life
- Oh and they will get to pick one of their NFTs to play the character too!