Ahoy, Captainz! Memeland has announced a new feature that will allow Captainz holders to raid each other for Maps, and it’s causing quite a stir in the NFT community. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the details of raids and why they matter for the Memeland ecosystem.
Memeland has introduced a new feature called “raids” that allows Captainz holders to steal maps from other Captainz, but also risk losing their maps to other raiding Captainz. The raids are a game of chance centered around maps, which are a crucial component of the Memeland ecosystem. Raids are a fun and risky way to engage with the Memeland community and increase map collection. The raid points reset every season.
What Are Raids?
Raids are a new feature that allows Captainz holders to steal Maps from other Captainz. To join a raid, Captainz holders need to connect their Discord to their wallet and have at least one Special or Extraordinary Map. Once in the #raids channel, they can type !joinraids to participate.
When a Captainz joins a raid, they have a 40% chance of winning a Special or Extraordinary Map, a 50% chance of losing their Map to the other Captainz, and a 10% chance of losing the Map in the Broken Seas (burned). Captainz can initiate a random raid by typing !raid in the #raids channel, or they can target a specific Captainz by typing !raid @discordhandle or replying !raid to a message in the lounges or #raid channel.
Raiding is a game of chance centered around Maps, which are earned by Captainz who go questing every seven days. Winning a plundered Map is exciting, but it comes with the risk of losing a Map to other raiding Captainz or being burned. Raiding points are accumulated by initiating random raids, winning Maps from raids, or winning Maps from being raided. These points reset every season.
Why Do Raids Matter?
Raids matter because they give Captainz holders an exciting new way to engage with the Memeland community. Memeland has always been innovative in finding ways to keep its community engaged, and raids are a perfect example of that. It’s the pirate’s way, after all, and fortune favors the bold!
Raiding is also an integral part of the Memeland ecosystem because it involves Maps, a crucial component of the game. Maps are used to unlock new regions and discover rare treasures, making them highly sought after. Raids give Captainz holders an opportunity to increase their Map collection, but it also adds an element of risk that must be considered.
In many ways, raids are reminiscent of the earliest days of the Wolf Game, in which wolves were able to accrue a “tax” from sheep as well as steal newly minted NFTs. Many in the NFT space are gamblers at heart, and raids add a new layer of excitement to the game. It’s a fun and risky way to engage with the Memeland community and see what the future holds.
Raids are an exciting new feature that adds a layer of risk and reward to the Memeland ecosystem. They give Captainz holders a new way to engage with the community, increase their Map collection, and test their luck. While raids are still in the pilot season, they are sure to be a welcome addition to the game for many Captainz holders. So, join the raids, and may fortune favor the bold!