The fine line between practicality and beauty may have arrived. As collectors buy more and more NFTs, figuring out how to display them becomes an issue. We’re still in the wild west as it relates to NFT art and Displays / Frames and we believe more and more displays will enter this year and by CES 2022 there should be a myriad of options for collectors looking for the latest and greatest.
You can see reviews of all NFT Display Frames here.
Enter the Samsung Frame a great display for your NFTs
The Samsung Frame TV is a great display frame the presents a decent option (with caveats) for collectors and their NFTs. TL:DR the Frame still isn’t a perfect solution for NFT displays, you still have to make a copy of the art you want to display, use a 3rd-party app to connect those images and videos to the display, which is cumbersome. You could connect an android or raspberry pi device to an HDMI port, but that would defeat some of the purpose for NFT collectors.
If you’re comfortable with the caveats, keep on reading.
The Samsung Frame is a QLED HDR TV that starts at $599 and has sizes that range from 32” to 75” making it an affordable option for anyone prioritizing NFT Displays. Due keep in mind, this isn’t recommended as a solution for your media room or gaming tvs, but if your living room is a centerpiece that friend and family congregate, this simple and elegant TV / Digital Frame is a perfect solution.
Displaying your NFTs on the Samsung Frame
- Setup or crop your art. The exact ratio set of 16:9 or 3840 x 2160 pixels, which means if you will want to crop your NFT to the best display if it’s an image. If it’s a video, this may be more complicated. Additionally, the Frame can stretch, crop, or matte the images based on your preference.
- Download The Samsung SmartThing App and connect it to your TV
- Within the app, select Art Mode.
- Add your art downloads or photos.
- See them on your Display Frame.
Other NFT Display Benefits:
- Samsung Frame include the option to customize the bezel with 7 different color frames to match your style.
- A myriad of stands to display your screen upright, leaned-back, or vertical display
- Affordable option for collectors that want a multi-use display that just works.
NFT Display Cons:
- 3rd-Party App Required that creates privacy concerns
- Need to download and crop Art
- Doesn’t Display the actual NFT, just a copy (or print)
- Not Eco-Friendly. Art Mode takes ~ 30% of the power the tv would if it was on.
*Note: the 2021 version of the Samsung Frame TV is arriving April first 2021.
Final NFT Display Thoughts
You want a TV that blends in with the decor. The Frame TV delivers exactly what it promises as a fashion-forward television, with the variety in sizing and coloring to match any home. The tidy OneConnect box will help even things out a bit. You’re into NFT or even classic artworks. The Frame has a unique Art Mode for showcasing iconic artworks from museums and galleries around the world, and will give a good dose of culture.